Zimbra Collaboration - Features
- Native Hierarchical Storage Management or Information Lifecycle Management (HSM / ILP)
- Multi-domain support and administration on a single node
- Online single mailbox restore to point-in-time
- Online mailbox moves (and backups)
- Rich, zero footprint, AJAX-based administrator interface (cross browser/OS)
- Dashboards for real-time system activity
- Comprehensive command-line tools
- SOAP APIs for every administrative action
Server and Storage Consolidation
- Substantial reduction in managed storage - One copy of email & attachments per server (rather than one per user or one per storage group)
- Substantial increase in the number of users per CPU - Multi-level caching and optimization of underlying system.
Compatibility with Existing Infrastructure
- Web services – Full API for easy Bi-directional integration with enterprise applications like CRM, ERP, etc…
- Client - Outlook, Mobile, IMAP, POP, iCalendar, RSS, etc.
- Directory - Active Directory/LDAP integration, provisioning support
- Messaging Server - Co-existence and migration tools (including Microsoft Exchange)
- Web security model - Single sign-on, TLS/SSL, no VPN required
- Secured attachment opening and HTML rendering
- SpamAssassin and ClamAV included
- Compatibility with existing anti-spam/anti-virus (via Postfix & amavisd-new)
- Open source
- Open formats - One MIME message per file means Zimbra storage is not opaque to sys. admin. or operating system utilities
Freedom of Client Choice
- Browser - Zimbra Ajax client
- PC Client - Outlook (Online, Offline, Cached Mode), Apple Mail and iCal, Eudora, Evolution, Thunderbird/Sunbird, RSS, etc.
- Mobile - Wireless devices "over the air" synchronization: Blackberry (via partner solutions), Palm, Nokia, Motorola, Good, PocketPC, etc.
- Powerful, fast search (including messages and attachments)
- Saved searches across folders
- Conversation views across folders
- Group scheduling with free/busy management and controls
- Multiple calendars per user
- Calendar delegation and sharing
- Multi-calendar views
- Subscribe to external calendars in .ics format
Extensible model for linking message content to external web services and applications (expressable via hover-over and/or click)
- Intranet - ERP, CRM, Support, Finance, HR, VoIP phone, etc.
- Internet – Google/Yahoo Maps, Skype, Travel, Package Tracking, etc.
Efficient context switching
- Quickly view/create calendar appointments while in mail
- Quickly create/edit contacts while in mail
- Quickly view sender’s website while in mail
Any Place, Any Machine
- Rich, zero footprint, AJAX-based end-user interface (cross browser/OS)
- Security sans VPN
- Secure, read-only access to attachments without special-purpose client software
Modern collaboration styles/formats